3 LOVE POEMS BY ECKS



Social

Tap tap, tap tap tap, tap.
“Hello?”

Tap tap.
“Hi”

Boy meets girl.

Tap tap tap.
“;-)”

Tap tap tap.
“:-$”

Boy falls for girl
girl falls for boy.
Conversation starts off awkward and coy,
ends with smileys with asterisks and toes in a curl.




Cracks and crevices.

I get lost in the depth of your dimples
Your smile shows your crooked teeth
Their jagged edges remind me of my stitched up heart.

Blood stained eyes never looked clearer.
The galaxy that is your iris
Swallows me whole

I mapped constellations by the pimples on your face
Orion looked out of place

The nicotine on your lips
Set mine ablaze

My gasoline soaked fingers
Ignite at your mere touch


 
First date

A loud long fart broke the silence...
Louder than the passing ambulance sirens.
I laughed,
she lunged,
muffling an "I'm sorry"
but that couldn't stop the stench
that was in the air, drenched.
We didn't finish our coffee,
we COULDN'T finish our coffee.
So we decided to walk
and talk
and joke
and just maybe,
put that behind us, as we walked...

1 comment